[CT Birds] Common Ravens - just an observation

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 08:37:11 EST 2012

It seems to me that at the moment there is a very sharp uptick  in the CT
population of Ravens. I am out and about in the woods pretty much  all over
the state, and it is a very rare day when I don't see, or at least  hear, one
or more. I've spent some time this last week in the Killingworth area,  and
I can honestly say I've seen and heard as many Ravens as  Crows there. And
anywhere in the state that there is a ridgeline or good sized  hill the
sight and sound of a Raven is to be expected. On this list, sightings  of Ravens
are an every-day occurence.
I just wonder if I'm alone or if others have noticed this.
Don Morgan