[CT Birds] Birds and Coffee

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 09:47:54 EST 2012

I noted the comments about 'shade grown' coffee farms in Central and South America. Buy only shade grown coffee that has a been certified as Bird Friendly by the Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center (SMBC). The SMBC visits 'shade grown' coffee farms to verify that these places meet the SMBC requirements for 'shade grown' coffee. There is a source here in the USA that does sell Bird Friendly SMBC shade grown coffee. I will not be 'advertising'  the web address for this source for Bird Friendly SMBC shade grown coffee at this forum.. I am hope most persons at this forum are aware of where they can purchase Bird Friendly SMBC shade grown coffee.

David W Babington
Washington, CT