[CT Birds] Pink-footed Goose and hen Shoveler, Lymans Pond K Mueller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sat Feb 25 11:22:09 EST 2012

Note- there is a dog show taking place at Lymans today, so it will be crowded.

The P F Goose was swimming in the pond with approx. 75 Canada Geese.
It gave good close looks, and twice walked out of the pond exposing
those well 'pink" feet and tarsus. There is also an adult hen Shoveler
there pointed out by a birder named Russ (sorry, forgot your last
name). It was also mixed in with the Geese and ended up in many photos
with the P F Goose. This Gooses seems quite timid, and like the
Iceland and BLack-headed GUlls prefers to stay on the periphery of all
the other birds. Although, I did photograph it chasing a Canada away
from its 'space" and ended up with a bill full of Canada Goose feathers.

The bird was still present when we left a half an hour ago.

Keith and Jen Mueller