[CT Birds] LIS water temps

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sat Feb 25 12:04:55 EST 2012

Here is some historical data for  LIS water temps going back to 1976.
I mentioned the wrong year for the 12" of ice, it was 1994, there were a few other very icy years along the way.
>From what I recall reading, when five year averages of waters temp are grouped together, 80-84, 85-89 and so on, that average has been on a slow and study incline since this survey was started.
http://longislandsoundstudy.net/2010/07/surface-water-temperature/

Also check out  Connecticut Council on Environmental Quality and their Annual Reports,
this report also has loads of other information in it.
http://www.ct.gov/ceq/site/default.asp

LF