[CT Birds] Afternoon Gulling- Iceland Gull K Mueller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sun Feb 26 16:03:23 EST 2012

Spent a couple of hours Gulling this afternoon. I met Sean Murtha and
his sons Brendan and Graham at Circle Beach in Madison, the adult
Iceland Gull continues. But most interesting,the gull numbers have
increased from 100+ to well over 350.

Then Jen and I checked the Guilford area near Shell Beach; no Gulls.
The boat ramp at New Haven Harbor was covered with gulls, 500+ but the
only different Gull we found was a first winter Herring Gull that was
banded and displayed a green leg marker band; probably from Appledore.
I am sending Dr. Ellis the images and location data. We also found a
banded and blue leg tagged Ring-billed Gull at Long Wharf among 250+
Gulls there. I believe that this Gull is from the Montreal banding
program, and I am also sending in the location data.

Keith and Jen Mueller
Killingworth