[CT Birds] Northern flickers - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 26 16:35:01 EST 2012

I was about to go down the short path to the compost pile behind my summer cottage here on South St in Washington. CT about 1 PM today (Sunday, 26 Feb 2012) when I noted four birds on the grassy field not far from the compost pile. First I thought American robins but realized they were bigger and  feeding differently then robins. Through my bins I realized they were four northern flickers. Have not seen flickers around for awhile. I was amused to see the flickers as I had not seen any woodpeckers while I was doing Feeder Watch on this past Friday and Saturday. My trip to the compost pile was delayed until later this afternoon by the way.

David W Babington
Washington, CT