[CT Birds] 2/26/2012 Red Tail Hawk Day!

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 21:26:53 EST 2012

Great time on the New Haven Bird Club's walk yesterday in Rhode Island.  Thanks Chris!  A lot of firsts for me.  Common Eiders and Harlequin are top on the list!

Stratford - seemed to be a day for the Red Tails!
Red Tail Hawk on Town Hall Clock
Red Tail Hawk in tree on Ferry Boulevard
Red Tail Hawk in tree in marshes near Airport
Red Tail Hawk at Greenway
Great Blue Heron made a fly over at the 550 Pond behind warehouses.
8 Wild Turkeys across the street from Boothe Memorial Park

Mondo Pond, Milford
Pair of American Wigeon being stalked by a female Merganser
2 Pair of Ring Necked Ducks
1 pair of Gadwalls
1 duck with a black bill I wasn't sure of.
Several Nuthatches and Black Capped Chickadees and Juncos, Mourning Doves, Sparrows
Red Tail Hawk

Photos in link below but camera was at its limit.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT