[CT Birds] Yellow-Throated Warbler in Enfield

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Mon Feb 27 15:03:05 EST 2012

Thank you Janis LaPointe for your hospitality.

I arrived at Janis' Condo today at  about 1:15 and was there for 25 minutes or so with no luck.  Finally, just as a friend of Janis' showed up, it appeared from the shrubby habitat that surrounds the condo complex and began feeding on the ground below the feeders, picking up dropped pieces of suet and corn.  An absolutely beautiful bird, plumage was very bright. I did not see any buff color along the flanks, so I think it was a male.  Additionally, the lores and chin appeared white.  The second time it appeared, about 20 minutes after the first appearance, we observed it feeding on sap running from the Maple where woodpeckers had poked holes.

Thanks again Janis - a life bird for me.

Jim

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Senior Project Manager
Environmental Resources Management