[CT Birds] Migrant Woodcock Waterford

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Tue Feb 28 11:00:51 EST 2012

As I drove in along the Millstone Point access road in Waterford this morning I noticed an American Woodcock standing alongside the road doing its odd bobbing. The bird was standing in the open and seemed unconcerned with passing vehicles. I've noticed this nonchalant behavior by just arriving Woodcocks before. Funny that I should mention their imminent arrival yesterday and then spot one this morning... like conjuring the devil!

David Provencher
Norwich

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.