[CT Birds] East Hartford RHWP +

Joseph Cala Joejr14 at aol.com
Tue Feb 28 19:15:08 EST 2012

East Hartford- Hockanum River Linear Trail
2-3:30pm

Juvie RHWP continues in the same location.  Head is definitely getting
brighter, and it appears the bird has defined that area has 'his'.  A
pair of Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers ventured into the area twice only to
be chased out thanks to a highly annoyed and squawking RHWP.

Also in the area were numerous Nuthatches, a handful of Brown Creepers,
and several Downy WP's.  Has anyone noticed the large amount of owl
pellets all along the boardwalk in this area??  I spent most of my time
looking up in hopes of spotting one, but no such luck.

Down the other trail just past the bridge, one very cooperate signing
Winter Wren.