[CT Birds] Contents of CTBirds Digest

Jerry Connolly birdshop at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 28 19:49:26 EST 2012

Re: House Sparrow Deterrent:
One of the best sources for all things Bluebird is the sialis website: http://www.sialis.org/hosp.htm
This page from the site lists many ways to deter House Sparrows, including the fishing line method--with a diagram.
Here in CT, it's a little early for Bluebirds to nest - look for true nesting to begin in mid April.  Right now, they are just playing around and investigating cavities.  So, though it looks like they may be getting ready, it's too early.  Spring is not far behind this behavior, though.
Cheers,
Janet Connolly
The Audubon Shop
Madison