[CT Birds] Eagles everywhere

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 12:55:04 EST 2012

This is not a sighting but an observation:
Eagles seem to be all over CT. right now in addition to the 10 or so that are still on the lower CT River. In addition to all the reports on CT birds I'm getting calls and emails at the Ct River Museum from people who have been on our boat tours and are seeing and reporting eagles from different parts of the State including the Thames River, Naugatuck, Groton Reservoirs, Durham, Salem, New London and Rhode Island. My guess is that northbound eagles got pushed to the coastline during the big wind of last Saturday and are now working their way north.
Bill Yule