[CT Birds] composition of plankton upon which gulls are feeding

Al Collins aecollins83 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 29 15:22:37 EST 2012

If anyone is interested, here's  link to a photo of a sample I collected off of Stamford in March 2009. We pulled a plankton net right through a flock of dip feeding gulls and brant. We measured about 2000+ specimens per cubic meter and they were all this animal, which we (non-experts) identified as the cyprid stage of barnacle. In addition to these, we had a very small number of segmented worm larvae.

http://bit.ly/wlMvTF