[CT Birds] 3 Pink-Footed Geese? - Ferry Lane, South Winsor

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sat Mar 3 15:52:13 EST 2012

After everybody left this morning, I relocated and started taking record pictures of the two Pink-Footed Geese spotted today in the distance at Ferry Lane in South Windsor.  The conditions were cloudy, rainy and cold - good for the geese and not good for picture taking.  I lost track of the first PF goose, which was easy to do due to the conditions and the thousands of geese wandering in the fields.  I  thought I found it in another area and took more pictures. Pictures seem to show that this may be a third PF Goose:

#1 pic's - shows a PF goose with a typical pink band in the bill with an indentation in the top of the bill;
#2 pic's - shows a PF goose with a different pink band in the bill (probably the same bird seen in Windsor)
#3 pic's - shows a PF goose with a typical pink band in the bill but no indentation in the top of the bill (probably the same one seen in Durham).

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT

 https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=107669156179891091719&target=ALBUM&id=5715764661864361937&authkey=Gv1sRgCMbD0q2c0Y2K7gE&feat=email