[CT Birds] Black Vultures, Am Kestrel

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 17:40:50 EST 2012

West Peak, Meriden:
 2 Black Vultures soaring along and above the edges of the  cliffs

Glastonbury:
As I was going eastbound off the Putnam Bridge into Glastonbury I spotted a
 bird circling ahead of me over the highway. At first I thought it was just
a  Rock Dove, but as I got closer I could see it was a smallish falcon.
When I was  almost on it the bird moved to the side of the highway, and began
to hover over  the grassy area on the left, and I realized it was undoubtedly
an American  Kestrel.

As I was driving to and from Meriden today I counted 15 perched or flying
hawks along the highways, most of which I could positively ID as Redtails.

Don Morgan, Coventry