[CT Birds] Lack of raptor sightings in North Stratford

Jonathan Jaekle jaekle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:22:36 EST 2012

I live in north Stratford, near Roosevelt Forest.  Up until about 2-3
weeks ago, I regularly saw red tails and sometimes kestrels.  I would
generally have several sightings every day when I had a day off.
However, over the last few weeks there has been a marked absence.  I
have only occasionally seen the turkey vultures.  I am a teacher an on
my week off I had only one sighting the entire week.  Have others
noticed a drop-off in red-tail sightings in the area?  Are they
tending to eggs at this time?

Jonathan Jaekle