[CT Birds] Tundra Swan departs

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 21:09:56 EST 2012

I saw Jack Swatt's post on the Batterson Pond Tundra Swan and make a quick decision to run over. It's an easy ride from Waterbury. I must have gotten there just after Paul C. left. The bird was viewable in good light from the boat launch but pretty far away, so I decided to drive around to the other side. When I got there I couldn't find it immediately, because it had move closer to the dam. Just as I got on it it took off, flew the length of the pond toward the boat launch and adios into the setting sun. That was a little before 5:30 p.m.
Greg Hanisek