[CT Birds] Passing along

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Mar 5 23:47:06 EST 2012

Passing this along.

>From Jim Sherwonit and Jan Hamilton, Old Saybrook
Sunday March 4, 2012
11:30 - Peregrine Falcon on the East transmission tower next to the I-95 Bridge, Old Lyme
2:00 -  pair of Long Tailed Ducks at the mount of the CT river, Spotted from the marina just north of the causeway
4:30  -5 Bald Eagles soaring over Second Ave. in Old Saybrook.  Two 4 year birds and three 2 to 3 year olds.  They were chasing each other and two did lock talons and did a free all at one point.  Watched them for at least 20 minutes.
3:30 - over 20 ring necked ducks (mostly males) in the pond north of I-95 along Ingham Rd.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT