[CT Birds] Major Donnelly Preserve and Batterson Pond

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Tue Mar 6 14:14:44 EST 2012

I staked out Major Donnelly Preserve in South Windsor this morning, trying to see if the shrike is still around.  Didn't make an appearance between 7:20 and 9:00 AM.  While i was there I did see a flock of 12 Great Blue Herons flying over the preserve.  I don't think I've ever seen that many herons flying together.
I also checked out Batterson Pond to see if the Tundra Swan made a reappearance, but I only heard negative reports from other birders there.
Jack Swatt