[CT Birds] Gulls and Raptors

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Wed Mar 7 09:14:47 EST 2012

Frank and Dennis-
A few weeks ago I was up at Circle beach in Madison/Guilford to see the Iceland Gull.  There was a big gull flock- mixed but mostly Herring- and at one point they scattered widely and looking up, a raptor soared in- not an Eagle but a Red-shouldered Hawk.  I thought it a bit underwhelming myself.  (There were Eagles in the neighborhood, however- perhaps the gulls were already skittish)
Now that I think of it, I also had a Peregrine Falcon create the same excitement among gulls in Greenwich Harbor a month or so ago.  Those were mainly Ring-billed.
-Sean Murtha
Message: 8