[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Mar 7 12:30:05 EST 2012

Passing these along.

 From Matthew Male:
Saw an osprey on Monday in Guilford (near Wendy's on route 1), and a Raven flying with nesting material in Killingworth (route 80 by dam at resavoir -Hammonasset River.

 From David Bernstein, West Roxbury, MA
Although I am a MassBirder I was in your lovely state for work yesterday and I stopped by North Farms Reservoir in Wallingford. There were about 40 swans on the water, but all were Mute Swans. There were over 500+ Canada geese with 1 Greater White-fronted and a BUNCH of hybrid domestic ducks! There were 3+ Greylags that looked a LOT like greater white-fronted. Photos can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidbbernstein/6814857086/in/set-72157629166452744/
There were 4 hooded mergansers and 7 ring-necked ducks as well. Everything else was normal.
Just thought I would let you know. All sightings were between 4:30-5:15

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT