[CT Birds] CT Bird post: Hawk encounter in West Hartford

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Thu Mar 8 18:22:02 EST 2012

Here at The Children's Museum in West Hartford, we have a lot of animals, but usually the only time we see bona fide predation is when a really dumb squirrel wanders into the enclosure of our lynx or bobcat. But Just before 6:00 tonight, I saw a junco in our parking lot narrowly escape with its life as a sharp shinned hawk swooped in, landing right next to the vending machines.

Hopefully the Kildeer that nest on our roof will be back soon.

Jonah Cohen