[CT Birds] Ring Necked Ducks-sexes

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Thu Mar 8 23:03:38 EST 2012

I did a little checking on this. According to Birds of North America on
Line, the males and females winter in different numbers at different
latitudes, which suggests that they also have different migration schedules.
This is true of other birds, such as male Red-winged Blackbirds arriving on
territory ahead of females.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury