[CT Birds] American goldfinch, they are back - Washington, CT feeder

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 09:13:25 EST 2012

Started my first of two days of Feeder Watch this morning (9 Mar 2012, Friday) and had American goldfinches at my black oiled sunflower feeder here in Washington, CT. Two of the goldfinches were males getting a bit brighter yellow with their plumage. Have not seen goldfinches at my feeder since last November 2011. I consider American goldfinches at my feeder at this time of year another sign of Spring.

David W Babington
Washington, CT