[CT Birds] Identifing birds in Northern Ireland from YouTube videos

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 09:35:10 EDT 2012

A distant cousin in Northern Ireland, who is not a birder, asked me to identify two birds he had taken videos of  (one in the past and one today) which he sent me via YouTube. One of the videos was of a nice male bullfinch and the other, from today, was a young blue tit. The blue tit's North American cousins would be the chickadees. The male bullfinch is a lovely bird, one my favorites when I was on a bird watch tour of Ireland in 1999.

David W Babington
Washington, CT