[CT Birds] How early is early for waterfowl?

Jonah Cohen jonahc at cox.net
Thu Mar 15 15:53:09 EDT 2012

Some birds today:

Hartford, Cedar Hill Cemetery: a ring necked duck (first I’ve ever seen at CHC) in the big pond, on the left when you enter. Phoebes were around, too.

 South Windsor, near station 43: green winged teals

I realized I have no idea if these are early or are always here by now, but half a dozen wood ducks were also at cedar hill, and as many american coots in south windsor.

 Jonah Cohen
Newington

"I hold that popularization of science is successful if, at first, it does no more than spark the sense of wonder."
         -Carl Sagan