[CT Birds] PURPLE FINCH

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 16 14:56:31 EDT 2012

Had a female PURPLE FINCH at feeder today. First of year.
Also noticing a big reduction in Junco around the house lately. From 20 plus
last week to only 4 today, and 3 were females, which winter more south here in
CT
 than males. Also10 pesky Cowbirds for 3 days.....want any?

Also: The past week we have noticed many Red-tailed Hawks about. We even counted

a dozen within a half Hr heading north over the Mt Riga range. Definitely
migrating.

This is their peak migration time here in CT.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton