[CT Birds] Stratford Gulls

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 19:37:16 EDT 2012

Around 1pm today I was happy to see the usual number of Gulls at Long Beach.  Around 4:30 the same thing but with about 1000 Brant out just past the Jettys.  Around 5:00 I noticed the Gulls on the beach heading out and saw flocks of them coming in from the south with very few coming in the from the north.  There were several thousand Gulls and Brants in stretch from the 2nd jetty to above half down to the third.  It seemed to be a narrowish band of birds (in the current perhaps?) feeding out there and the Gulls and Brants were vocal. I have photos that I will post a link to later when I post the rest of my great day of birding around town!

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT