[CT Birds] R-C Kinglet continues, North Lake, Hamden

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sun Mar 18 15:37:29 EDT 2012

Now, why the Ruby Crowned couldn't visit yesterday w/ his kin the GCK, I don't know.

But as I'm informally tracking him, he was back today (I'm assuming the same individual).  Compared with some of the recent gull numbers, of course this report is by weight in the range of 1:3,000,000.

 I thought for a moment I saw a dark spot on its neck, but it seems to be some dark coloring below when the feathers opened as it stretched in a breeze.