[CT Birds] Westport/Southport gulls

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 20:43:42 EDT 2012

I birded back and forth between Sherwood Island SP (Westport) and
Southport Beach this morning. There were many plankton feeders about,
again. I estimated about 10,000 gulls total visible along that stretch
of coast. Highlights were 3 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and 300
Bonaparte's Gulls.

>From Nick Bonomo:
3/18 - Westport, Sherwood Island SP - LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (first
cycle), 5 Northern Gannets, American Pipit
Westport, Burying Hill Beach - 2 LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS (adult and
3rd or 4th cycle)
Fairfield, Southport Beach - EURASIAN WIGEON, LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL
(same 3rd or 4th cycle bird from Burying Hill Beach), 300 Bonaparte's
Gulls

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT