[CT Birds] ornithoology & cons bio internships

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 19 08:00:11 EDT 2012

Elaine Taylor asked about places to find information about internships in
conservation biology.

There are numerous on-line sites where jobs in this field get posted, but two of
the best and most well-established (and so most frequently used) are those run
by the Society for Conservation Biology and by the Dept of Wildlife and and
Fisheries Science at Texas A&M.  Links are here:

The Student Conservation Association is another good place to look if you are a
student: http://www.thesca.org/

In case this response is a little off-topic, I'll broaden it to include
ornithology jobs.  By far the #1 place to look for jobs in ornithology is the
Ornithological Societies of North America's job site:

All of these sites are international in scope, but with a US-focus.   All also
cover all kinds of jobs from volunteer internships through to  university
professorships and exec. directors at NGOs.  But most jobs  are geared to those
starting their careers - internships and paid field  tech positions.  And they
all have search functions that help narrow things down.

If you're looking for these links in the future and can't find this email, there
are links to all these sites on my UConn web site (just goggle my name).

Chris Elphick
Storrs, CT
elphick at sbcglobal.net