[CT Birds] Laughing Gull vs Bonaparte's Gull

Michael Richardson michael_s_richardson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:57:12 EDT 2012

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about Bonaparte's gulls being
spotted.  This leaves me wondering if they are more common than Laughing
Gulls, and what are the notable differences between the two.

I took a bunch of photos last year, around August/September that I had
identified as Laughing gulls:

I was hoping someone could have a look and let me know if the ID's are
correct.  I'm still having a hard time telling these two species apart.

Michael Richardson

Norwalk, CT