[CT Birds] Painted Turtle Hatchlings

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Wed Mar 21 19:35:16 EDT 2012

Last 2 evenings, I've rescued and relocated 18 toads from a neighborhood road,plus another 6 were roadkill.  Never have seen anything like this.  There is anearby wetlands.  Will be going on toad patrol shortly!Last week, got in a hatchling snapping turtle that unfortunately didn't make it.Have seen cabbage butterflies, yellow sulfurs this week. Certainly a very odd late winter, early spring thus far. Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich