[CT Birds] READ THIS!! Birds of spring: tales of caution and the top 5 mostmisidentified (long)

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 10:20:01 EDT 2012

This is an excellent article and especially for me since I reported juvenile DC cormorants just a couple of days ago, a bird Marshall discusses as a source of confusion.
This of course begs a question: If these are over-wintering DC Cormorants where did they over-winter and are they now moving up-river with anandromous fish?
All winter during my Eagle Boat tours I examined Great Cormorants closely looking for DC cormorants and did not see any. I still have not seen a report of an Adult DC Cormorant and I'm curious about any infomation about the nearest location of over-wintering DC juveniles? Can anyone recall a sighting of an over-wintering  juvie DC Cormorant this year?

Thanks.

Bill Yule