[CT Birds] Herpetological Strangeness

Robert Bitondi rjbitondi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:11:24 EDT 2012

This isn't bird related but I'm hoping that someone knowledgeable about
amphibians can take a look at this photo and perhaps comment offline.

I saw this amorous couple "embracing" yesterday and thought it odd, but
today they're at it again (assuming it's the same pair).  When my wife
looked at the photo she observed that the timing of the normal seasonal
appearance of Wood Frogs and Green Frogs in our pond is such that they
rarely cross paths, this year being phenomenally different, so they may be
biologically as well as seasonally confused.  Or, on the other hand, love
knows no bounds!