[CT Birds] Westport - Mockingbird???

Anthony Zemba Anthony.Zemba at gza.com
Fri Mar 23 11:52:58 EDT 2012

I had one singing up a storm in Fairfield last week.  Sounded far off so I was looking distally and couldn't find it. Went to turn to leave and it was about 6 feet away from me in an Amelanchier bush the whole time singing its repertoire of songs (including a Killdeer). Quite ventriloqual. Black-billed Cuckoos have fooled me like that before too.
AZ

Anthony Zemba CHMM
Certified Ecologist / Soil Scientist
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.