[CT Birds] Westport - Mockingbird???

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Mar 23 17:39:52 EDT 2012

The average from 1992-1997 Summer Bird Counts was 867.7 mockingbirds per year statewide, the average of 2006-2011 SBCs was 442.8, a nearly 50% decline with high statistical confidence in an actual trend (not sure what the methodology for determining that confidence was, as that part of the analysis was conducted by Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe).

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut