[CT Birds] Boston Hollosw, Ashford, 3-23-12

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 19:51:26 EDT 2012

The Pine Warblers have arrived, I saw two and heard at least three more.
And E. Phoebes are now everywhere, you can hear several calling from any one
spot. There is one Winter Wren singing its lil head off now. Probably the
same  bird I heard Tuesday, it has a unique song that I recognized and its in
the same  general location. Also One Ruffed Grouse. I don't think it's the
same one as the  famous "tame" grouse of last year. This one is more
standoffish, but still lets  me get within about 30 feet without seeming to care.
Actually I saw it Tuesday  too, in exactly the same location, but for got to
mention it in my post. And  there was a pair of Red-shouldered hawks
circling the north end of the Yale  forest and screaming their heads off. Saw an
immature Red-tail too, not unusual  except that I haven't seen many there so
far this year.
5 Pine Warblers
1 Winter Wren
1 Ruffed Grouse