[CT Birds] Hammo

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 08:58:11 EDT 2012

I stopped by Hammonasset Beach State Park on the way home from the COA annual meeting; The meeting went very well, and the speakers this year were terrific. Nice job Tina and crew. There was an adult Bald Eagle circling just north of the park entrance when I arrived around 4:05 p.m.  The east beach held at least 8 Ruddy Turnstones, 4-5 Black-bellied Plovers, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, 75 Dunlin or so, and there was a small group of Surf Scoters off shore (4-6). There was a football game on the west end so there wasn't much around...

Frank Gallo

Life is short. Bird often.