[CT Birds] Immature Red Tailed

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 10:38:20 EDT 2012

NW Bristol. Yesterday, around 12pm. While not unusual for here, an Immature Red Tailed hawk has been frequenting more.The rareness is how close he came to my back deck! He sat in the ground feeder, nibbled and looked around. Fortunately, there were no other   food "sources" around. He stayed still and almost posed for some excellent pictures! Good enough to see  some incredible facial/ eye details.
Aside: Juncos are thinning, though still here. No females- that I can see.

Sent from my iPhone