[CT Birds] Arrival timings & distance to travel: Re: Change of thrush

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sun Mar 25 17:55:04 EDT 2012

1)  Regularity of arrival schedules:  is it true that this will apply especially to more distant migrants, who cannot be reacting to our own local weather?  I have heard that birds closer may react to the same weather we see, but South American birds, e.g., have different triggers.

2)  Is Greg's timetable up on the web?  Or otherwise available?  (Sorry if this is the umpteenth time this has been answered on this list.)

Btw, the Pine Warbler I reported a day or two back was here in Hamden again today (whether the same individual, I don't know, but male.)