[CT Birds] western LIS Gannets question?

Boletebill boletebill at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 15:27:03 EDT 2012

I have a question about the origin of western Long Island Sound Gannets at this time of year.
Where are they coming from? Are these migrating north along the Atlantic coast and entering the sound through New York harbor and the East River? Or are they getting blown over western  Long Island and ending up in the western sound? Or maybe there's multiple entry points? But I'm guessing they are NOT coming from the eastern end of the sound and moving west.

Thanks,

Bill Yule