[CT Birds] White-throated Sparrows - NYC

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 20:56:03 EDT 2012

When I lived in New York, I would go through Central Park to the  Ramble
just about every day in Spring and it seemed the most common bird  there up to
the end of April was the white-throated sparrow.   Now in  CT for many
years, I do the Barkhamsted SBC at the end of June in American  Legion and
Peoples State Forests and although the bird is certainly indicated  there on the
Breeding Bird Atlas, for what it's worth, I don't think I have ever  found
one there.
Angela Dimmitt