[CT Birds] April Stratford Point bird walk

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Wed Mar 28 08:18:29 EDT 2012

Note the time and date, a midday Saturday walk...

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Technician Scott Kruitbosch will lead a public bird walk at Stratford Point on Saturday, April 21 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. with an inclement weather date of April 28, same place and time. We will likely see the last of the wintering waterfowl as they head back to the north. We will be welcoming in the first warblers, some new shorebirds, more long-legged waders, and migrant sparrows, kinglets, and swallows. There may be a chance we will have Purple Martins in our gourd tree. It is a good month to see a Brown Thrasher, American Kestrel, Savannah Sparrow, and more of the well over 30 state-listed bird species Stratford Point has held in the last few years.

We will also discuss the conservation projects that Connecticut Audubon Society will be involved with in the coming spring and summer and the ongoing work at the site. The walk will be free and we suggest bringing binoculars and a spotting scope, if you have one. Make sure to dress for the season! It is usually safe to assume that this exposed coastal spot is windier and colder than much of the state even on warm days. Please meet in the visitor parking lot by the buildings. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. For more information, contact Scott Kruitbosch: skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society