[CT Birds] Barnacle Goose in Berlin

busterggi at aol.com busterggi at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 11:38:01 EDT 2012

Bass Pond in Berlin has had a lot more geese than usual this year & I noticed one about two weeks ago that was somewhat standoffish - this morning it was close enough to shore so I could see it was a Barnacle Goose.  I've never seen one up this way before.  The Mute Swans will again be nesting there this year though I haven't figured out just where.

Meanwhile at home in New Britain I continue to get my House & White-Throated Sparrows, titmice, jays, juncos (still), doves, robins and the cardinals have mated up.  Grackles visit but only occassionally.  The birdbath I set up is being used, the titmice seems to like to pick the soggy seeds out of it, though the squirrels drink from it so I'm calling that a tie for a score of squirrels: 3, me: 0, 1 tie.

Bob