[CT Birds] Birding for Beginners (tomorrow night) Sorting Out Bird Songs - New Date - April 10

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 11:38:17 EDT 2012

Hi all,
We have few birding programs starting this week and next that may be of interest (see the Coastal Center's section of our webpage for full listing: http://www.ctaudubon.org/) Early spring is a great time to refresh your field birding skills and tune up your ear... Sorting out Bird Songs has been moved to Tuesday, April 10, 7-9 p.m. We hope you can join us. Frank Gallo, Director - Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center

Spring Birding Programs 2012
Birding for Beginners
Thursday, March 29, 7–9 p.m. (classroom)
Sat., March 31,  9-11:30 a.m (field trip)
Learn the basics for identifying birds on your own! During this fun and comprehensive hands-on course, longtime instructor and expert birder Frank Gallo will teach you ID skills as well as how to choose and use field guides and binoculars, and where to find birds locally. The course culminates with a field trip to a local birding “hot spot”. No experience is necessary. Bring the “Peterson Field Guide to Eastern Birds.” (Field guides are available for sale at the Coastal Center.) Meet at the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point. Fee: $75/person. Seniors $65. Call Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 to register.

Sorting Out Bird Songs
Tuesday, April 10 (new date),  7 – 9 p.m.
Discover the basics of birding by ear!  Using a variety of sound resources, instructor Frank Gallo will teach you tips, tricks, and even pitfalls to identifying birds by sound.  Is that an oriole or a tanager singing? Come find out, as we delve into the secrets to birding by ear. Meet at the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point. Fee: $35. Seniors $31. Call Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 with questions or to register.

Frank

Life is short. Bird often.