[CT Birds] Canton Waterthrush

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 11:37:18 EDT 2012

I have been monitoring the arrival of Louisiana Waterthrush at Roaring Brook Nature Center, Canton since 1975. Just heard it this morning, the earliest arrival date by only a few days.  I had one on April 5th one year.  They usually show up April 9-17, and it will be interesting to hear about other "early" birds.  (If I'd said it was Swainson's Warbler, would any of you have believed it? Check the date today on any really off the wall reports. I remember a few years ago a report of a Whooping Crane flying down the Connecticut River on this date.)

The waterthrush is real, not an April Fool's joke in case anyone is wondering.

Jay Kaplan