[CT Birds] Flying Squirrel Boxes

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 12:45:35 EDT 2012

Hi Jan,

Flying Squirrels readily use nest boxes - in fact they are one of the many odd finds that the people who put up Wood Duck boxes discover around Braddock Bay (where I am now) when monitoring them. There are sites where you can find flying squirrel box plans online e.g: http://www.flyingsquirrels.com/boxplans.html The local screech owls also readily use the Wood Duck boxes here as well - I put a few photos up of them in the boxes on my blog last year http://underclearskies.com/2011/04/18/not-your-usual-wood-ducks/

Luke Tiller, Hilton NY (currently)