[CT Birds] Help: Texas to Arizona trip

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 22:51:05 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm planning a birding trip for this summer from southern Texas to southern Arizona and possibly to southern
California.  I know it will be hot, but its the only time I have off.  Does anyone know the up-to-the-minute sites (like
this one) for bird sightings in these areas, or birding hotlines?  Also any locations anyone who has visited these places
would recommend would be greatly appreciated.  I have a few books to help me out: ABA's A Birder's Guide to the
Rio Grande Valley, Tucson Audubon Society's Finding Birds in Southeast Arizona, and ABA's A Birder's Guide to
Southern California.  One thing I don't have is a smart phone to check sightings in the field - I don't really know
anything about smart phones, I just want one for birding updates on this trip in possible remote locations - does
anyone have any suggestions?  Please contact me off-site.  Thanks for any advice!

Tim Antanaitis
Middletown