[CT Birds] The fools of April and reactions to reports

Sunrise Birding sunrisebirding at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 06:58:05 EDT 2012

Greetings Birders!
I have to admit that I was well into reading this article before it
struck me that it was written on April 1 :)
http://blog.aba.org/2012/04/the-politics-of-checklist-instability.html
It's entertaining anyway!

I have also read with interest the reports of Common Snipe in
Connecticut as of late.  Having spent much time in England in recent
years the subject of Wilson's vs Common/Eurasian Snipe is debated with
earnest.  So when I read the reports, I immediately thought WOW but I
suspect the CT birds reported are Wilson's.  Or is there a name change
in the works (again)?

I had the same reaction to a post some time ago that was titled,
"Allen's Meadow Pipit" as a Meadow Pipit would be quite a sighting in
Connecticut!  Of course, the post referred to a Pipit that was seen at
Allen's Meadow.  Oh, literal me!

Good birding!
Gina Nichol
Branford, CT